I don’t know about you, but on Monday mornings coffee is my lifeblood.
I actually prefer my coffee with milk and sugar. ;)
Coffee sometimes gets a bad rep. I get a lot of people asking me, should I be cutting coffee out of my diet?
When those words leave their lips, my world comes screeching to a halt.
I try desperately try not to look at them like this…
I resist the urge to exclaim, “You must be crazy!”
I calmly respond, “Coffee has lots of beneficial properties!”
Phew. Dodged that bullet.
So unless your coffee looks like this…
Coffee Fun Facts
- In the US, 150 million people over the age of 18 drink coffee
- A 12 oz skim latte can have as much as 30% your total daily calcium needs
- Coffee in moderation has shown to decrease the risk for heart disease, diabetes, dementia, and other diseases
- Coffee contains antioxidants which help fight cancer-causing free radicals
- Researchers have found that coffee increases student concentration (that’s reason enough for me!)
- Women who drink coffee have a lower risk for depression
Remember, as with all good things, it’s all about moderation! Don’t forget that coffee is also a diuretic, so follow you morning cup o’ joe with a big glass of water!