Usually people do a weekend overview. A sort of, “look what you missed!” But since I’ve been gone for so long, I’m going to try and smoosh the last half of April and the beginning of May into one big monthly recap.
Yesterday was my last final! Woo-hoo!! I’m free! Well, that is until June 6th when I start up my one summer class. It should be fun though. I am taking Sports Physiology and Life Fitness with my all-time favorite professor. The end of the quarter was filled with lots of papers and projects and exams. Basically the bulk of the work wound up in the last couple weeks.
My neighborhood has been absolutely gorgeous. I love spring blossoms.
May 1st I ran The Flying Pig Marathon! If you follow me on twitter, you heard all of the details. I ran the race in 3:54:27 which is an 8:57 pace. It’s a new PR for me!! I am really proud of my time. I placed in the top 10% of all the women marathoners. Not too shabby for my second marathon!
Excuse my tired eyes. The race started at 6:30am! Yuck.
I pretty much have the rest of my summer planned out. I’m a looking forward to a LOT of working and volunteering. Here is a rundown of what I’ve got going on:
- Diet Technician at Strong
- Nutrition Educator at Arc of Monroe Enrichment 2011
- Dietary Staff at the American Diabetes Association’s Camp Aspire
- ‘Running Buddy’ for Girls on the Run
- Nutrition Counselor at the RIT Gym
- Develop a new Mentor Program for incoming Nutrition Majors at RIT
- Publish the Genesee Dietetic Association’s Cookbook
- Train for the Boilermaker 15K and the Rochester Half Marathon
Crazy busy, huh? I can’t wait!