So my good friend asked me yesterday afternoon if I was down for doing a homemade pizza night.
Do you even have to ask? Oh boy, oh boy! I love me some pizza!
And homemade? The. Best.
This crust is unreal. Plus, she allowed me to do a little photo shoot while he was workin’ his magic. He is also The. Best.
First things first, gather up your ingredients. Mise en Place, people! Note: For all those who aren’t fancy shmancy chefs and had never heard that term before last year (*raising hand*), that means “everything in it’s place.”
Makes 1 pizza (8 slices)
Prep time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook time: 1/2 hour
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 15 oz can pizza sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 16 oz low moisture, part skim solid mozzarella cheese, grated
- can of olives, sliced
- red pepper, chopped
- Any other toppings your heart desires 🙂
- In a large bowl, take 2 cups of all purpose flour and sift using a fork to break up any clumps. Add in 1/2 tsp salt and 2 1/4 tsp yeast.
- Combine 2 Tbs olive oil with 1 cup water, and add to flour mixture.
- Kneed and punch dough down, adding a little bit of flour (up to an additional 1 cup) as needed until dough forms a ball.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cover bowl with a damp cloth and let dough rise for about 45 minutes.
- Thoroughly grease pizza pan with 1 Tbs olive oil.
- Using the heel of your hand, stretch the dough from the center out on the pizza pan.
- Let the stretched dough set for about 10 minutes to develop a “skin.”
- Using your thumb, make indents along the inner edge of the crust.
- Pour on 3/4 can of pizza sauce, top with a little pepper, parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar to dough.
- Add majority of your vegetables (leaving a handful for on top), followed by grated cheese and remaining vegetables
- Place pizza in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, let cool for 15 minutes before cutting and enjoy!It’s chemistry! (Yes, I am a nerd and PROUD of it!)
Dough making complete! In the meantime, chop up the veg and grate some cheese!
two three delicious slices. 🙂
Have you ever made a homemade pizza before? What are your favorite toppings?