A bright, an early mornin’ to you!
Good lord, 6:00am comes around too soon when you are still on Pacific Coast Time.
Starbucks drip? Don’t mind if I do.
I’m very excited for today’s post because this sandwich is my current obsession!
It is so. good.
Pear, Beat, and Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwich
Adapted from Everyday Food Magazine.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread (I used my beloved Wegman’s Marathon Bread)
- Goat Cheese
- Baby Arugula
- 1 small Pear, sliced thin
- Matchstick (or shredded) Carrots
- Peeled and shredded Beet
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Brush one side of Bread with 1/2 tsp Olive Oil.
- Spread desired amount of Goat Cheese (in my case, about 1/2 a pound) on opposite of Bread.
- Layer Baby Arugula, Sliced Pear, Carrots and Beets on top of Goat Cheese.
- Top generously with Lemon Juice, and Salt and Pepper.
- Heat a skillet over Medium Heat.
- Grill sandwich each side for about three minutes each, or until golden brown.
I’ve had about seven of these bad boys since this delightful recipe came in to my life.
I can’t get enough.
Raw beets. I’d never had raw beet before. So. Good. And high in antioxidants and folate! (plus B-vitamins, iron, manganese, and magnesium)
Hi. My name is Stephanie. (Hi Stephanie.) And I’m Goat Cheese Addict.
Talk about eating a rainbow!
Start your Monday off right by trying on of these.
I may or may not be peer pressuring you in to eating healthy…