I am still living my life in the Pacific Time Zone. I am having some real difficulties making the switch. I’m up until all hours of the night (last night 2:30AM) and dragging my booty out of bed an hour (or more) after my alarm goes off. What is my problem?
But please, use only as prescribed.
I think tonight I am just going to force myself to go to bed early. No books or “How I Met Your Mother” in bed. I am going to just lay there.
Eastern Standard Time, here I come!
Perhaps it’s due to my late bedtime, but yesterday I was very productive. I finished creating my RECIpage, worked out, cleaned my house, worked on case studies, and experimented in the kitchen.
Sweet (Beet) and Sour Coleslaw
Yield: 10-12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbs White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sucanat
- 1/2 tsp Salt Sense
- 1 1/2 Tbs Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 small beets, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 head shredded cabbage
- 4 Clementine oranges
- Whisk together Dijon, White Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Sucanat, Salt, Sesame Seeds and Pepper.
- Shred carrots, beets, and cabbage. Halve clementine slice. Add all to dressing.
- Toss to combine.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Top with extra sesame seeds, pepper, and orange peel as desired.
How did this experimentation start? I mostly just started grabbing anything that I thought may go together.
Put it in a big bowl and tasted a long the way.
I realized I didn’t have enough matchstick carrots after I had already chopped my cabbage. I did, however, have a bag of baby carrots, and instead of trying to grate and shred those puppies, I threw them in my heavy duty blender and pulsed for 2 seconds. Worked perfectly! Who says you need a food processor!
A most refreshing salad. I’m thinking this would be a delicious complement to some terriyaki tofu and quinoa! Mmm!