So back in September I left you with this post, wherein which I shared the internships I had decided to apply to…
Fast-forward to now…
Let’s talk about what I’ve done so far. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
- Filled out the online application at DICAS
- Updated my resume
- Wrote a personal statement
- Created a professional portfolio
- Contacted the pacific northwest internships for visits over holiday break
- Registered with D&D for ranking my internship choices
So I contacted Central Washington University, Sea Mar Community Health Center, and Idaho State University, and heard back from all of them! It was so exciting! Sea Mar unfortunately doesn’t do visits, but I will be going to see CWU and ISU over break.
I was really nervous to e-mail them. I have no idea why? They seem so nice!
I don’t really understand how the picture goes with this caption. Ha. It’s the thought that counts, right?
What I still need to do:
- Contact the CA internships for more information
- Gather my transcripts (God knows I have about a million – stupid transfer student)
- Contact my professional references
- Edit and improve resume, personal statement, and portfolio
- Finalize the online application
- Rank my internships
Still lots to do, but at least the bulk of the work is done!